Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Focus Group with Community Farmers




Ok, Ok so I know I'm way out of date with the blogging. Truth is, I don't get down to town as much as I'd like, and when I do its configuring the GPS, editing my survey, or deleting listserve junk email. This past weekend was the big focus group with coffee farmers from the surrounding communities that I've been building up to for some time now. Long story short, in my eyes it went really well. Expect a full report within the week. Next order of business is finishing my survey. The past few days we've been testing it with families in Los Marrianitos for figuring out what questions work and which ones don't. This is an invaluable, but lengthy process. My new assistant, Rubalina a 20yr local girl is a good worker, but needs practice so we'll run through it two more times with families today. As of now it takes two hours to complete, not including setting up a time with the family and walking the farm with the farmer after wards, which with the recent heavy afternoon rains has proved difficult. Ok, I'm going to load some pictures up to let them speak for the past couple of weeks (post the below into your browser above) then blog again come weekend. Peace and Love, Lee

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=leehgross&target=ALBUM&id=5353123557209603265&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6zxqeuqqul1AE&feat=email

No comments: